Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 1/2!

Hello! I am officially in Rome in Italy! I took from Detroit airport last night at 10:30 pm, received a very interesting and not at all appetizing midnight supper. Didn't really sleep much of the way, only about 2 hours. We arrived in France at 12pm today France time, which is 6am Michigan time. That was rough, we had a three then 4 hour layover in France, didn't get to leave the airport but did order what we thought to be pizza which in fact was keish, (sp?) it's like raw egg and ham and some other stuff. My aim is to not ask what's in my food, and just eat it...so far that's been a good idea, bc I wouldn't have gotten keish had I known what it was although it was good. I slept on the entire ride over to Italy, from Paris, thankfully, everyone in my group (13 of us) had a window seat, so that was cool. Our first plane was huge! Two aisles, 4 sections ish?. Arrived in Rome at about 7 local time. We met our teacher at the airport, drove around the city as our driver got lost,who woulda thought a bus driver could pull off a u-turn in the middle if Rome. Rome reminds me of new York, but 10x crazier in the driving. Lol. We arrived at our boarding house, which is a very nice place, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen! After we had room orintation and such, our professor took us out walking, that was at 9ish. We end up at this pizza restaurant where we ate outdoors, and had super good flat crust pizza with Fago pop, and also ate an appetizer which we guessed but still dont know for sure to be a tator tot potato and deep fried rice and cheese ball. Not bad. So the city comes alive at night, i don't know how I'm going to sleep. It's only 7:30 ur time, but it's 1:30 am here. Cars are going and plenty of people still in the streets. Tomorrow we will be visiting a museum, and then a very large famous flea market, hopefully the rain holds off for long enough, well I'm beat, come back to read more tomorrow! Until then ciya!
Marsha

No comments:

Post a Comment