Sunday, May 20, 2012

blog 15! saturday may 19th!

yeppers, this Blog is being written to you pretty early in my day. it's currently 7:13pm my time. and I'm actually getting ready for bed. this will be the 2nd night in two nights that I will be going to bed at 8. before I get to telling you the reason why, I shall inform you about my day. today we went out to visit the catacombs. we met our guide..Andrea. (different Andrea from our cooking instructor) at a church we had never been to called gnovoni... something I can't spell or say. from there we bused/walked to saint sebastians church were the catacombs were located under. we had an English guide who was NOT enthusiastic or easy to listen to. I could hve done a better job. it was still cool to see. after that, we as in Kate, alex, and myself, went to find a mcdonalds. signs here are not very helpful. we found one, but there is nothing called fast food here! when w first arrieved in Rome, we were told the only people who eat mcdonalds are children, teena, and tourists. and this was true. I can't even describe the mcdonalds. excep we waited in one of at least 10 lines ( on the 2nd floor, first floor is the mcafe and ice cream) for at least 13min. once we ordered it took us another 10min to find our seats. we literally had to push people out of way to sit down, and people just sit with strangers because there is no sitting room. after that we were planning on taking the hill back to the Vatican because it had a beautdil view but we couldn't remember the bus, so we came back to the apartment, I facetimes my bro and Sis in law jeff and Sarah then we made supper of homemad macaroni and cheese and now it's time for bed, because the car which is picking us up to go to the airport to go to venice is arriving at 3:45am. so goodnight!
First picture is of gnovoni, 2nd is of saint sebastian, and 3rd a picture of two of my friends at McDonald's.

No comments:

Post a Comment